Thursday, 24 September 2009

Idea's!

Ok, so after the brainstorm, a few elemens and concepts kinda stuck out to me, so im jus gunna go ahead and jot the down:

1. I really like the idea of masks, and holding a facade against somthing, and as of late, i've kinda too an intrest in gas masks, dont ask why, there's just somthing, quite chilling about them, the fact you can't see the persons face, or perhaps the history the bring with them, but they serve a purpose to protect, also acting as a tool to hide an identity...which is quite an intresting concept to me to blend the two...so the whole idea of using a mask to hide, or protect is somthing i may explore...

Current Idea: Mix gas mask with face, i.e, intergrate parts of it to into the face, hiding elements that were 'programmed' to invision on a face...

2. The word chimera interested me quite alot, the blend of things, that is neither one, nor the other, as if us as indivuals are jus a blend of the elements we are surrounded in, media, government, family, freinds, music, just general everyday influences that we lose ourselves in...supporting this idea, the artist 'Daniel Lee' really kick started this concept for me..

Current Idea: To combine and image of myself, along with a visual representation of my personality in a Chimera state

3. This idea is alot more photography based...I was quite taken in by some of the photo's in the lectures, some of them taking the traditional photobooth picture, which acts as an individual proof of identity, and manipulating the concept of that 'trust'...

*Current Idea: Photo-manipulation of photobooth i'd (lack of face, facial features, i.e, blurring of the face, shaking of head....topped off wih a 'Copyright' symbol on top of it...

4. All this talk about 'Contructing an Identity' of yourself, made me think, what I took this to a literal level, and made it seem as if actauly 'contructing, building' my own portrait, as if it was being moulded or built to how i wanted it to be, or prefered....

Current Idea: To use photo-manipulation/painting to give the impression as if my portrait is being 'constructed' highly influencial of industrial images...

5. Again, playing on the concept of being 'programmed by the media to choose what we like, how we dress, how we behave..perhaps takin this to a 'literal' level would be an interesting portrayl..

Current Idea: To portray myself as a 'machine', doing as the media and people of power suggest, or perhaps breaking away from that


Anyway, these are just some little concepts I had running through my head after the

1 comment:

  1. I love you idea about the gas mask everyone wears a metaphorical mask in every day life and there is something awfully dreary about them like they kind of remind me of a skull or represent death being close by. Looking at your FMP though in a way you kind of did two self portraits based on a story. You just gotta think what u want someone to get from ur portrait x

    ReplyDelete