Monday, 12 October 2009

Masquerade Expanded

So here's the more detailed version of the idea...




I wanted to experiment with tones in this particular peice, hence why I used very cold and dark imaging...using an acrylic paint base, and black biro...I added more wiring which has been centered into where the heart would be placed...suggesting perhaps that the the emotion in this picture is parrallel to the tones, the grain of the colour also painted downwards deliberetly to subtly evoke the sense of degradtion.
I also decided to use a picture that didn't face the viewer, so it was seem he was lookin away, slightly introvert...as weel as the lack of human facial features, what i replaced them with still resembles a face, which is quite interesting...Overall, what I want to portray in this piece is the 'protection' but of what I will leave uncertain....

If I was to take this piece any futher, I think I'd use photomanipulation, as well as adding different elements and tonal usage...

No comments:

Post a Comment