Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Modelling!

Okay, so this would be my first real time at modelling in Maya of my own accord, so this unit in particular was a real eye opener, and it was obvious from the start that people in my class would have the technical advantage of me, so without letting tht get me down I really took this as Unit as more a learning curb, and in all honesty, it was, although with my shortend time limit it's true to say I was quite doubtful about my ability, but aside from that I pushed through I came out with some pleasing results, and I do feel as though I took alot from this.....

Anyway, heres some of the models I worked on in the scenery......

Fences















I stylised these on the well known 'white pickets' of American suburbia, but wanted them to appear distorted, or damaged, but with my time limitation, and along with the texturing, the manipulation of the layout carried the same look of just as well...

Pipes















Using the pipe tool for the first time really helped me cut some time out, so with jus messing around with the sizes, I created a small variation between the group, as well as using the soft selection tool to help distorted and add time to the objects....

Stairs















This was a more simple approach which really just included alot of extruding , though I would have ideally put more edge loops over the model, as well as beveld a few of the edges, along with using soft selection to distort the shape, in hindsight, this probably would have cost more render time, for an object that isn't a particular focul point of the scene itself, as well as the textures achiving simmilar results...

 Roundabout















This was a little more trickier what with getting the mirroring exact, and duplicating in the right area's with connecting it to the base, but it went quite smoothly after a few attempts....

Swing/Chains/Seat















Seeing as this was the main focul point of the scene, I wanted it to appear more resolved than the others, so I started with the chains, using the Torus tool, and cutting the faces and mirroring, along with scalling and duplicating....then with the actualy frame itself, I used a CV Curve tool, applied a circle and extruded the divisions to the right length, but there a proplem with how it ddidnt appear strait, so witht the cut faces tool, I soon fixed the problem, and Mirrored the geometry, which only left the seat to be the last part of the group, and after modelling the simple part, it appeard to be too 'perfect' and unwornd, so  with the soft slection, I simply manipulated the object untill it looked more disfigured....

No comments:

Post a Comment