Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Artistic Direction......Calm Before The Storm

Okay, so I have to admit, it's getting on a bit now in terms of time limit to produce my work.....so I'm going to stop blabbing on about my feelings extensively every post for a while....so try not to miss it to much.....
but movingly swiftly on, I been thinking about expanding upon the way I want to portray my work more, and feel witthin the past few days, since the group project on romanticism, I really enjoyed some of the works within that movement, particularly the colours and expressioisms.......with examples such as Thomas Cole, and Turner....

I think colour will play a great factor in my work, especially in evoking the connection between the two characters, that said, I want it to contrast it significantly to the surroundings, with the deep greys/black of the water/sky merging the two elements together in unison towards the end, metaphorically speaking....

So I began starting to look at more classical styles of painting, especially since the sea was quite a commonly potrayed element in older style of paintings....touching briefly on romanitcisim, I have to say I can't quite put my finger on who did some of these images, or to what movement/style they belong to, only that I wanted to resource them and they looked a great deal of help.....


No comments:

Post a Comment