Monday, 15 February 2010

Basic Story Scenario's....Helium Balloon, Lifeboat, Pole Vaulter *Revisted*

So in regards to the mising scenario in my story involving the 'Pole-Vaulter' I feel a little stuck, as I dont want to take away from the delicacy of the relationship between the two objects, though this action which occurs is infact the key part in their relationship.....

So I began to think of more literal terms of pole-vaulting, for instance 'thrusting a person/object from a pole shaped object' perhaps in a seesaw movement, catapulting the lifeboat towards the balloon....which led me (with the help of Phill) to thinking about entering a third character into the story again, but instead of human, an animal, which allows me to play within the dlicay of the realtionship, but also an outside view, or witness to the love between the to objects (almost romeo+juilet like) and help them to somehow reunite in unity....

So I began to apply logic to my world once again, and upon the talk with Phill in regards to everyones story's, Phill suggested a few scenario's, for instance the animal element, and then suggested with his magical object wand, to turn my 'Lifeboat' into a 'Life-Ring', found on ships when someone goes overboard.....to which I immeadiatly took oppurtunity and found the conncetion between the new object and balloon to be even close in terms of size, and decided from that point on, the Helium Balloon, would act as the 'Female', and Life-Ring the 'Male', (and how he longs to be with her) which just makes sense in terms of the scenario, which allows me now to start basic characterizing....Animal wise, there seemed to that a bird, or group of birds was the perfect way to intialize the 3rd party,

as they are the only animal that can travel between both land/sea and air, acting as an intermeditary between the two...


Though in terms of logic, the Life-Ring must have came from somewhere, this also allowed a loop-hole in the story for me to manipulate, resulting in placing a ship wreckage into the equation, leaving many objects for me to futher manipulate and somehow act as the catalyst in my story...

Which now leaves me with the choice of combining both the shipwreckage, and the birds in the scenario to some how pole-vault the Life-Ring ino the air, to renuite the two.....
So using the 'seesaw' action to my advantage, an suggestions fom Phill, I again wanted to use the idea of a 'storm element' both physically/emotionally to roughen the situation, and tides, washing the 'Life-Ring' through the waters harshly, until he's hurtled into a ships mast, wherein the birds have started to gather at one end, lifting one side, until the 'Life-Ring' lands onto rising edge and slides off into the skyline......

I think both visually, and emtionally, this will capture suspense, at the same time evoking many different storymaking techiniques, as well as allowing many more to be employed  into upon futher definition.....but I really feel as though this is a final basic outline to all my scenario's, my next step tackling and defining the actions and the events that occur in more detial, as well as the chronological order of the story....

No comments:

Post a Comment