Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Soundtrack to the voices in my head.....Our heads?

Okay.....so I have to admit right now, since the begining of the project, I've been constantly thinking about the sounds played in my piece, before I've even drawn anything, alot more than what I should have admittedly, but to be honest, I kinda  feel it's worked to my advantage in some ways, (helping me visual certain images) lot of with having a lot of knowledge when it comes to different types of music, and the feelings they evoke and help portray, it's certainly given insight into how I want to translate the feel of my story futher......

In terms of sound effects, I decided, with the help of Phil, that to give the characters voices (barring the human element completely) would definetly take away from the general tonality of the animation, and it's delicacy...that said, there are ways to show narrative through replacing voice with tones and effects that resemble human qualites seen within films such as WALL-E and animated films that have mute characters....though with this particular technique, it certainly puts a strain on the relationship, and interactions and reactions between characters, and events, which also have to be key, and clear enough to replace the lack of dialogoue that would otherwise spur the story with ease....but nevertheless, I belive this could perhaps work to my advantage....if done right....

That said, I feel that to follow the aesthitcs I want to portray in my animations, I have to carefully decide on a song that follows suit, which again, is a delicate situation, if chosen wrong could change it's reception and tonality....

I feel within the last few weeks, alot of expreimental instrumental music, has helped me visualize alot of the panlels I have drawn so far, most of which therefore showing traits and characteristics in terms of tempo, build up...antcipation etc....but there have been other songs that fit the bill.....which has actually left me in a little predicament to be honest....

So....this puts me in the situation, of asking whoever reads this to give me some feedback to the songs I post below.....yes...this is the first time I'm askin for help from you all hahaha.....but would appreicate any critisicism/comments towards the songs, even if you think there crap....would be nice to tell me what you think when you listen....your interprations, and if it follows the feel of my story?

So here's the 4 I'm undecided about.....
Lyida - All I See


Explosions In The Sky - Your Hand In Mine


Mogwai - Hunted By A Freak



Mogwai - I Know You Are But What Am I?

Pay no attention to the vidoe's themselves, there just the best audio I could find...

And the rest that I was unsure about, I'll just leave the names.....

Massive Attack - Teardrop
Coldplay - Strawberry Swing
Josepth Arthur - Smile That Explodes
Inara George - Fools In Love
Jimmy Eat World - Here You Me

No comments:

Post a Comment