Monday, 1 March 2010

Pixar Storyboarding........and others

So I've been thinking just how to characterize my objects, in such a way that don't appear cartoonish, which is both a personal choice, and stylisitic one, as I feel if the characters have, say generic eyes and mouth, it'll not only make it appear more childlike, and almost 'Slap-Stick, but also change the tonality of the sotry....so it's a bit of a careful stepping stone I think....but with the help of Colin White and his suggestions, I think I can do it!

Anyway, in terms of storyboarding, I've really been looking at more animanted peices, in particular Pixar, as they seem to focus on characterizing objects that would otherwise be 'Inanimate' and try to get a good scope on what, or rather how to carry the same traits into my objects.....

I managed to find quite a decent site, in the form of a blog update consisting of the lastes pixar news, releases...etc that had a lot of past/present Productions from Pixar, in the form of storyboarding, some more artistic and expressionist than oyther, focusing on different colour pallets and styles, which is quite interesting just to look at.....

http://www.pixartalk.com/

Finding Nemo.....
Brillant use of Colour....


Wall-E
Character/Concept/Storyboarding

Up
Storyboarding

And here's a really cool animatic I found whilst looking for some of Dreamworks pieces.....'m sure it's a scene from Shrek, It just carries that sense, as well as the characteristics of some of the characters, which just goes to show how effective it really is in terms of it's job....

1 comment:

  1. Some really great storyboard examples, cool animatic too, if a little disturbing with what happens to Pinocchio. Cheers for the link too!

    ReplyDelete