Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Concept Art......

Okay.....so at the picth, I didnt really portray my 'world' as efficiently as I wanted, lesson learned.....

Truth is, It's probably becuase my concepts didnt feel complete enough as a stand alone example......

I really wanted to create a 'textured' world, wherein my characters 'slime mold's' would encapsulate this cuteness.....with buttons, zips, and stiching....as well as through the colours used.....highly inspired from my research and development....

So here's a few Sketch's I made for the Amoeba-Spore development:












(Notice I've cut down time one characters!!!!)

And here's two scene sketch's in contrast to the final outcome:

Fruiting Bodies......












Top Fruiting Body/Spore Release...

I didn't really create a third scene intially, I was thinking of visually showing how the 'Amoeba' calls out to the surrounding Amoeba's using the 'Chemical Release Signal' but couldn't quite sketch a decent idea, so due to lack of time management, and pre-viz, I wanted to somehow portray the concept of a diagram element...

Fruiting Bodies
I feel, although I love the angle, I've lost alot of the texture to the lighting....etc.....and definition to the glow.....

Top Fruiting Body/Spore Release

I foud this one to be more effective at portraying my 'felt/fabric world....though it still feel as though it's missing more to complete it, perhaps my  background could be altered more.....to a blurred effect....to show distance and solidness...


Life Of A Slime Mold


Again, in contrast to my Artistic Direction, although this shows the beginings, it still lacks what I would consider effective.....


I feel my next step at the current moment is to properly complete the feel of my concepts to a satisfactory standard, as well as apply my artisitic direction more thoroughly....after which, I want to finally crack on with modelling....etc.....then researching and tranferring these 'textures' into maya.....

Any comments welcomed in how you think i'd be able to texture these more effective....in comparison to my research....(was thinking of taking samples of material from the internet and applyingion another layer)




No comments:

Post a Comment