Monday, 16 August 2010

Erin Development

okay...so I got quite a bit bummed out over doing this piece, the angles were all wrong, due to not using  strong reference.....at the same time trying to stay true to the original sketch....so I decided to change the body entirely and take some proper reference photo's of my girlfriend upper body...

Alongside this....I tweaked alot of the detail of the eye area......as well as the connection between the hair and face....though this still needs alot of work...



I do have plans for the left eye......part of putting more 'character' into Erin....I just felt there wasn't much point in making someone my own without adding another interesting aspect to give narrative or mystery...

Thoughts etc...

5 comments:

  1. Its getting there! Keep it up man, can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Bob, that eye is looking sick. Nose still needs a tad more work though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the hair man this is decent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh thanks guys....yeah i keep changing my direction as i go..i think this is why it's taking so long as, trying to get accuracy.....it's a bastard lol....i've also added a eye bandana on the other side in my next one....look out for it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. she looks properly tanned :D And gorgeos ofcourse.

    ReplyDelete