Thursday, 23 September 2010

Logo Designs for 'Void Canvas Studio's'

Okay, for most of the week, it's been my job to help with both the name, and image of the company, meaning the logo is possibly the most important of this section, so I've sketched up a few possible designs, so I could show the basics to my collegues....with paying to much attention to detail.

From these, I tried to touch upon the name of our company, focusing mainly on the shape of a 'Canvas' and some of the things we assoicate with them, for example, and easel, or the fixings holding it together...at the same time trying to stay true to the 'Void' element. Although the 'Studio' section of the design isn't as important as our name, there still holds a significance, and I feel, the use of subtle 'lining' on either end, is enough to highlight this point.






















Visually however, we agreed that the first idea, was the best possible choice, as it is indeed 'A Void Canvas', however there seemed to be a certain element lacking from the equation, somthing quite subtle, that would just add that more...So I started experimenting with some Symbols




















 

The main inpspiration for the symbols, was the number four, somthing that is pretty obvious within each, this is beacuase I wanted to reflect the people behind the group, and us coming together, to create.

Although my favourite was the top piece, overall, we choice the...and in conjuction to the design we chose earlier, this would work extreamly well with the text, altering letters, and replacing them with this symbol. Both normal, and flipped...this can act as the letter's V, and A.

My next mover will be to take the chosen desgins futher, and other more variation, in both colour and compostion, at the same time exploring different font types, that will support our 'Tonality', and design sufficiently


1 comment:

  1. Really liking those designs Bob. I love how simplistic the design is yet conveys everything we need it to. Those symbols are great too

    ReplyDelete