Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Influence Maps - Weapon Character Research

It's said, that the sword of a warrior itself contains a soul. In that sense, s well as what we learned from Justin about Props/Weapons it seems vital to treat a weapon as though another 'character', as well as this being an ideal way of portraying the technology, and style of the surrounding world of characters.

That said, I really wanted to pursue a modern take on all of the traditional weapons used by both Ninja/Samurai, so here's what I came up with:


























As you can see, in contrast to to more tradtional pieces, there seems to be only a few more tech/mech based weapons, with metal being the main conent. This is only to give me a good sense of what to adapt to my style and story.




I do however, have a good few idea's about what kind of weapons I want to using for my characters, some more preferenced to others, for instance:

Gunblade
Laser Shuriken
Double Edged Hi-Freq Kantana
Bow Beam
Tech Grenades
Laser/Mech Claws

I really love the idea of some of these weapons, they would fit perfectly to the essence of my characters, and also adhere to the traditional elements of their origins,

No comments:

Post a Comment