Sunday, 6 March 2011

Game Audience Research - Influence Map

Before I move on to fully develop TEZCATLIPOCA, I revised the research I carried out into the different gaming audiences, and the ratings that came with them. I decided to settle with ESRB Everyone 10+














Titles rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) have content that may be suitable for ages 10 and older. Titles in this category may contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes

I feel this gave me the most scope to work with, as well as keeping the tonality at a certain level. I put together an influence map of games that fall into this category so I can create a feel of what would be expected from this grouping


























As you can see, there are some cartoonish elements, but all some serious undertones in a few. There doesn't seem to be any complexities in the character's themselves, and feels overall very light hearted. These are elements which will obviously effect my characters look and feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment