Sunday, 12 February 2012

Major Project - Spit-balling a Proposal

My heart is most definitely set on Transcribing a piece of work into the style of 'Art Nouveau', however this is still my only starting point which I have not progressed past. My initial thought was to take this into a more character based approach, but after a chat with Phil about bringing something new and different to the table, using my weakness as a strength I've started to think about pushing this into a more visual piece. I have a few similar idea's based around this, so I'll jot them down as though using them in a sentence for a proposal

Proposal Idea 1

'Using a variety of 2D & 3D techniques I've acquired over the last 3 years, from animation to modelling & texturing, I wish to capture the Illustrative style of Art Nouveau using mixed media, and bring it into the 3D World in the form of an 'Animated Portrait'. Exploring the components that together build the final image, I propose this as an inspired installation piece.'

Proposal Idea 2

'Exploring a particular source from literature that encapsulates the theme of Man Vs Nature this (such as poems or short stories) I wish to personify the material into the style of Art Nouveau using mixed media, and bring it into the 3D World in the form of an 'Animated Portrait'. Exploring the components that together build the final image, I propose this as an inspired installation piece.'

With what I intend for this project, I feel the style is the most important aspect in an almost abstract way. I hope for the outcome to produce a strong impression on the viewer, very similar to an installation piece an interesting and different approach to what I would usually take. I need to do do some research into 'Art Nouveau' as a style, as well as the main artists involved to get a better understanding of what it mean to be a apart of that movement to capture it into my project.

I know that usually this isn't the case, that I should first find the source and give birth to my style from this.
It may seems like I'm trying to justify creating a piece of work purely for the sake of using 'Art Nouveau', but I think I have something very good here and add my own spin on CG .

No comments:

Post a Comment